AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Voted the #1 Kids After School Program in WNC!
The Asheville After School Program that Develops Character and Confidence, while Promoting Fitness and Fun!
Fall of 2016 began the inaugural year for our After School Program, and we are happy to report that it was a huge success. Since then, we have worked with many schools throughout the greater Asheville area – picking students up and supplying homework help in a positive and respectful and fun environment. As a result of our efforts, we have been voted the #1 After School Program in the Mountain Xpress Best of WNC voting every year since its beginning!
We have been increasing our capacity each year and are typically full with a waiting list by the start of the school year. If you would like to secure a spot for your child this upcoming school year, contact the school by phone: 828-505-4309, or come by and speak to us in person.
Not Just Another After School Program: Transformational Personal Development
5 days per week | 3 days per week | or daily drop-in from after school to 6 pm
After School Program Details
As a participant in the Asheville Sun Soo After School Program, your child will have an after school experience second to none. Some highlights of our program include:
- Transportation at time of school release from your child’s school to the welcoming and state-of-the-art Asheville Sun Soo facility.
- Co-Directed by Grandmaster Tony Morris and Master Thabiti Sabahive, both of whom are highly educated with decades of combined, relevant education and experience mentoring children and operating a variety of children’s programs, including Asheville’s now #1 after school program for elementary school kids.
- Exceptional staff to student ratios of no fewer than 1 adult staff member for every 10 students.
- No electronics, except for as needed to complete homework.
- Healthy snacks upon arrival (no processed sugar!).
- Productive physical exercise, team building, and strategy games.
- High emphasis on social skills and social inclusion.
- Homework assistance by university educated adult staff and supported by high-school-aged, “A”-student Assistant Instructors.
- Homework completion and accuracy: every student will be assisted in completing and checking the accuracy of their homework.
- Arts and crafts, brain games, team building and social skill games (once homework is complete and verified for accuracy).
- Dual enrollment is available. Families may add our martial arts practice to their child’s after school program enrollment, giving their child access to our excellent Asheville Sun Soo Martial Arts classes every afternoon, in addition to all the after school program already offers (we have been voted the #1 Martial Arts Program in WNC for 16 years straight!)
Note: Our Martial Arts program and our After School program are separate. After School students may additionally enroll in our Martial Arts Program, and derive the added benefit and convenience of easy access to classes each and every day!
- Snow days and teacher workday package available for a nominal additional cost. In a typical school year, these account for approximately 20 days that we provide all-day (8a-6p) care for kids when school would ordinarily otherwise be in session and during which time parents still need to work.
- Spring Break Camp available at discount.
- Parental pick-up until 6pm (extended hours available).
- Variety of rates available: 5 days per week, 3 days per week, or daily drop-in
- Discount if paying for the full year in advance.
Schools We Currently Serve with After School Transportation
Asheville City Schools
- Claxton Elementary
- Hall Fletcher Elementary
- Ira B. Jones Elementary
- Isaac Dickson Elementary
- Vance Elementary
Buncombe County Schools
- Avery’s Creek Elementary
- Bell Elementary
- Estes Elementary
- Fairview Elementary
- Haw Creek Elementary
- Hominy Valley Elementary
- Oakley Elementary
- Sand Hill Venable
- Weaverville Elementary
- Weaverville Primary
- West Buncombe Elementary
- Woodfin Elementary
Private / Charter
- Asheville PEAK Academy
- Evergreen Community Charter School
- Francine Delany
- Franklin School of Innovation
- Invest Collegiate Imagine
- Rainbow Community School
NOTE: As demand calls for it, we may add service to additional schools in the future.
Founder, Senior Master Instructor, 8th Degree Black Belt Traditional Tae Kwon Do, Executive Director
After School Director/Master Instructor, 7th Degree Black Belt Danzan Ryu Jujitsu
4th Degree Black Belt Instructor Traditional Tae Kwon Do, Assistant Director of After School Program